Wednesday, November 7, 2018

WHAT A CHARACTER

In Hamlet, Shakespeare goes to great lengths to describe the character of Hamlet.  He uses both direct and indirect characterization to help the reader get to know Hamlet.  Here are some examples.  Some examples I have identified  was when Hamlet points out ‘His canon 'gainst self-slaughter!’, this defining Hamlet with having suicidal thoughts because of what is going on in his life. [Indirect]
Another example was when Laertes was having his dialogue with his sister warning her to stay away from Hamlet saying the following “He may not, as unvalued persons do,
Carve for himself; for on his choice depends”. With this meaning arhat Laertes describes Hamlet as a selfish being. [Direct]
Third example was when Horatio says “Dared to the combat; in which our valiant Hamlet--
For so this side of our known world esteem'd him”, he describes Hamlet as a Brave , Trustworthy soul[Direct]
Another example was 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BEST WRITINGS

I have a writer's conference coming up with Dr. Preston, and I am excited to go over Hamlets Essay  and Million Ways Of Life .  I chose ...